Friday 1 July 2011

Thing 3

It was interesting to think about branding and presenting a professional image. Apart from this blog set up for CPD 23 I am only currently using Facebook. Although my Facebook account is a personal one I am very aware of what I say, with a view that any current or future employer may choose to look me up. The same applies to library customers or may be even burglars should I mention I'm going on holidays etc. I think I have privacy settings covered but am not sure I trust them!

Searching for myself brought up some interesting links and the difference between search engine results and how far they went back also proved interesting - in one my name popped up as a contact in relation to a post I held several years ago. We now leave an online trail of our lives.

I will think about my personal branding some more in time for joining Twitter and Linkedin which I intend to do during the 23 things process. Students are finishing their courses in the next week or so so the LRC will calm down and there will be time for some developmental work both for the LRC and myself having more time to consider the "things". However with some new staff starting over the summer I could be being optimistic about time...

No comments:

Post a Comment