Tuesday 19 July 2011

Thing 4 continued

Well I finally gave in and set up my Twitter account (@LouisafromtheRC) whilst at home, having had no success as yet at persuading the powers that be to give me access at work. I am unsure as to the value of it as yet as it is early days and reading comments from others it takes a while, so the jury is out. I think I may have signed up to follow too many people/groups to manage I will have to monitor the situation and fine tune things.

RSS feeds are something I have used for quite a while now and do find very useful for keeping up-to-date with my favourite blogs (these include Phil Bradley's weblog, thewikiman, joeyanne librarian) and other information of interest to me such as job vacancies and career opportunities and the humorous A librarian's guide to etiquette.

Pushnote is another tool which is not available to me at work so I will have to leave that for another time.

Meanwhile it is training week here at college so, as there was little of direct relevance that I haven't attended in previous years, I am taking the opportunity to catch up with CDP23 things as my own training - more posts to follow shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment