Tuesday 8 November 2011

Things revisited

Having promised to continue my blog after completing the 23 things I have not had chance to post until now. My excuses include an Ofsted inspection at work amongst other things.

I am continuing to work on things covered in the cpd23 course and have been following up on Thing 22 relating to gaps in my CV. As a result I have arranged to undertake some voluntary work at my local secondary school library which I am very much looking forward to. Hopefully I will be of some help to them whilst learning at the same time. Their LMS (Heritage) is not one I am familiar with, but I know is more common in the sector than those I am used to (AMLIB and Galaxy) so even having a working knowledge of that could prove useful when applying for jobs in the future, you never know! Having studied school libraries as part of my qualification it will be interesting to see the pratice and compare to the FE sector in which I currently work.

Further inspired by the "things" to get more involved, I am going to visit Worcestershire College of Technology Study Centres next week as arranged by my regional CILIP group so I will report on this in my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment