Thursday 15 September 2011

Thing 18

Screencasts and podcasts are definitely "things" I/ my colleagues who I have impressed with a demonstration, will be making use of. They are ideal for putting demonstrations on Moodle our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) eg of how to search the catalogue, how to find and use e-books and how to print all of which are common queries in the college library. I was going to attach a very basic quick effort done in a couple of minutes but uploading to the internet seems slightly beyond my capabilities at the moment (maybe I will try this later when I have more time). I had hoped for sound but was doing this on my home laptop so if doing it for real in work would also put sound on.

I used Screencast-o matic and it was very simple and straightforward. I also experimented at home with Jing but as the "thing" writer suggested was unable to download this at work. I have also looked at (listened to?) Podcasts/podcasting which could be useful for recording library guides and improving our accessibility.





No comments:

Post a Comment