Wednesday 31 August 2011

Thing 12

Suddenly I feel a bit behind with CPD23 things having been on holiday and come back to the pre-term frenzy. I will try and blog a few times over the next couple of weeks to catch up before term starts, after which who knows when I will get the chance!

Briefly Thing 12 then...

I definitely think there are more advantages than disadvantages to social networking in a professional capacity and hope to become more involved as time goes on. Prior to CPD23 I had dabbled a little using Facebook in a personal rather than professional capacity and followed a few blogs.

Since starting CPD I have had a look at Twitter although I feel I am not able to get the full benefit at the moment as it is blocked at work and my phone is not yet of the 21st century... soon be Christmas! Since finishing my studies at Aberystwyth I had missed the sense of community offered by Moodle discussion threads to distance learners, so I am enjoying reading, writing and commenting within the library blogging community since starting CPD23. When working in libraries such as those in schools and colleges where library staff may be lone working or in a very small minority it is good to be able to network with others in similar situations and share best practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment